Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
It’s that time of the month again…Surprise Recipe Swap time! This month I had:
Cindy from Hun… What’s for Dinner?
Cindy shares lot’s of fabulous recipes, most of which are quick & easy recipes for those busy weeknights. Her photos are mouthwatering & it seems that she has a sweet tooth like I do, hence this post.
I chose to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars because I tend to have a hankering for all of those ingredients; like my Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies, Caramel Pretzel Magic Bars, or Peanut Butter Wonder Bars. I love the sweet & salty combinations. These are right up there with all the others. Great chewy texture, slightly sweet, slightly salty, & a little bit of crunch. Perfection! Try them, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 cups chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel twists, coarsely broken & divided; plus 24 whole pretzels
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F & grease a 9x13" pan.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter & peanut butter with both sugars, until light & fluffy. Beat in the eggs & vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda & salt, & stir until almost combined; fold in the chocolate chips & 1 cup of pretzel pieces.
- Spread the the dough evenly in the pan & bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top.
- In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter & chocolate chips in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Place whole pretzels in rows 4x6. Drizzle chocolate, & then sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup pretzel pieces. Refrigerate to help the chocolate set up. Cut 24 squares & serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g