Cookies and Cream Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Oreo cookies inside of cookies? Yes please! Add creamy white chocolate cookies & cream bars and it’s a match made in heaven! These Cookies and Cream Cookies are loaded with Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars and chopped Oreos.
CLASSIC COOKIE DOUGH
When you have a great cookie dough base, you can throw in any mix-ins that you want!
I started with the dough for my M&M Cookies, added Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme candy bars, and broken up Oreos to create these addicting Cookies & Cream Cookies.
HERSHEY’S COOKIES ‘N’ CREME BARS
When I was a kid my favorite candy bar was hands down the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bar. It’s creamy with crunchy little chocolate cookie bits in it.
The best part about this candy bar is that you can cut it up and use it like you would chocolate chips in cookies. It works great in these Dark Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies as well!
What can I substitute for the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars? If you can’t find or don’t want to use these candy bars in your cookies, you can use white/vanilla and milk/semi-sweet chocolate chips. Use one or both! It’s up to you. Use a total of 1 cup (heaping).
Of course, cookies and cream isn’t cookies & cream until there is chocolate involved.
Since I wanted a classic cookie base (instead of chocolate) I went for chunks of Oreo cookies in addition to the cookies ‘n’ creme candy bars.
Those chocolate sandwich cookies represent everything we love about that cookies and cream combo! (Hello cookies and cream ice cream!)
Two cookies in one just means more delicious-ness overall.
HOW TO CRUSH OREO COOKIES
There are a few different ways you can prepare the Oreos for these Cookies & Cream Cookies:
- Rough chop Oreos on a cutting board with a large (Chef’s) knife.
- Crush Oreos in a zip-top bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Pulse Oreos in a blender or food processor in short bursts, as to avoid fine crumbs.
Can I use other flavor Oreos? Absolutely! Mint, peanut butter, whatever flavor sounds good to you!
HOW TO MAKE COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
For perfect cookies and cream cookies follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Directly coating the pan with non-stick cooking spray will also work.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix completely.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. PRO TIP: Measure the flour by stirring it to incorporate air first, then spoon it into the measuring cup, and level it off with the back of a knife. This ensures the flour is not packed into the cup — resulting in too much flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Chop up the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars and Oreo cookies. Fold chopped pieces into the cookie dough.
- Shape into cookie dough balls (about 2 Tbsp each; or with a #30 scoop) and place on prepared trays. (You can save a few pieces of candy bar or Oreos to press into the top if you want.)
- Bake at 350˚F for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are just barely starting to brown. Allow cookies to rest for 1-2 minutes on the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
NOTE: Since this dough is not chilled it may seem a little dry, due to the amount of flour. It helps to shape the cookies in your hands to warm them up slightly. If you absolutely need to moisten the dough, add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk.
EXTRA TIP: For thicker/perfectly round cookies, press edges inward with a cookie spatula while still warm.
MORE GREAT RECIPES THAT USE OREOS
- Oreo Fudge
- Cookies and Cream Donut
- Oreo Monkey Bread
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
- Mint Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Dessert Pizza
- Fudge Brownie Oreo Pizza
- Oreo Fudge Ice Cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (stir, spoon & level)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 snack size Hershey's Cookies 'n' Cream Bars (5.4oz), chopped
- 12 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheet trays with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well and scrape bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Chop up the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars and Oreo cookies. Fold chopped pieces into cookie dough. (You can save a few pieces of candy bar or Oreos to press into the top if you want.)
- Shape into cookie dough balls (about 2 Tbsp each; or with a #30 scoop) and place on prepared trays. NOTE: Dough may seem a tad dry and crumbly. Use hands to slightly warm and round dough better. (Press any extra pieces of candy bar or Oreos on top, if desired.)
- Bake at 350˚F for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are just barely starting to brown. Allow cookies to rest for 1-2 minutes on the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. TIP: May round misshapen cookies with spatula immediately after baking.
- If dough seems too dry, add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk.
- Store cookies in an airtight container up to 5 days.