This is my absolute favorite banana bread/muffin recipe by far. I have tried many & I just love the subtle spices that pair well with the banana, plus you can never go wrong with a crunchy streusel. This recipe works well for loaves of banana bread as well as the muffins. They are so light, fluffy, fruity, & amazing, not to mention quick to throw together. I prefer mine served warm from the oven with a little “butter.”
Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel
- 4-5 (1 1/4- 1 1/2 cups) ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- heaping 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mash up bananas. Add sugar applesauce(or oil), & eggs. Mix well. Scrape bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & nutmeg all at once. Mix until just blended.
- Spray or line muffin tins with paper cups. Fill each cup ⅔ full. Combine streusel ingredients in a separate bowl & mash with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes until muffins spring back when touched.
- *Recipe can be made into 1 loaf; bake at 350*F for 45 min-1 hour.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.